2016 Mid-America Regional Meeting
September 16 & 17, 2016
Grand Plaza Hotel
245 N Wildwood Dr., Branson, MO 65610
Hosted by Heart of America Chimers and Gateway Arch Bells
The 2016 Mid-America Regional will be held in Branson, MO, at the Grand Plaza Hotel. Standard Double-Queen rooms are $88 per night, and include a complimentary Breakfast Buffet. Please make your own reservations by calling the hotel at their toll-free number, and mention American Bell Association or Group Code AMBELL. You may wish to ask the front desk to transfer the call to the Group Sales Department. The deadline for hotel reservations is August 26, 2016.
The MAR registration fee has been reduced to $45, and includes Friday Dinner and Saturday Lunch.
An optional Saturday evening event is the Jim Stafford Show. Normally priced at $39.75, the organizing committee has done some fierce negotiating and is further subsidizing the cost in order to offer our MAR attendees the unbelievable price of only $10, the best deal in Branson. Note: We must receive your registration by September 1st for you to be guaranteed a ticket.
Friday evening begins at 5:00 p.m. with a meet & greet reception of your new & old Bellatives, dinner at 6:00, and followed by the ever-popular Bean Auction. Yes, there will also be bell sales and exhibits that evening and, maybe, even some raffle tickets available.
Saturday begins at 9:00 a.m. with a full schedule of programs, displays, and bell events wrapped around lunch at noon. The day activities will conclude around 4:00 p.m. Dinner will be on your own, with a choice of dozens of restaurants in the nearby area. Then we hope to see everyone at the Jim Stafford Show at 7:30 p.m. Transportation can be arranged for those without a car or those who would prefer not driving.
Hotel check-in is normally at 3:00 p.m. but rooms may be available earlier. (Group rate is in effect from 9/13 thru 9/21, based on availability.)
All conference events and meals will be on the 9th Floor of the Grand Plaza Hotel.
- Registration, programs and hospitality will be in the Sunset Room.
- Bell sales will be in the Wildwood Room.
- BEHOLD Exhibits will be in either the Sunset Room or the Wildwood Room. These rooms will be available from noon on Friday thru 11 a.m. on Sunday.
- Friday Dinner and Saturday Lunch will be in the Table Rock Room, a private room within the Plaza View Restaurants.
- Complimentary Breakfast will be in the Plaza View Restaurant.
Friday, September 16
- 3:00-5:00 p.m. – Gary and Donna Childress invite you to a Social Event at their condo on Table Rock Lake. Directions will be provided.
- 5:00-6:00 p.m. – Meet and Greet in the Sunset Room
- 6:00-7:30 p.m. – Dinner in the Table Rock Room
- 8:00-9:30 p.m. – Bean Auction in the Sunset Room
Participants should each bring two wrapped gifts, nominal value $10 each, donor not identified, need not be bell related. One NEW gift should be wrapped & marked “New” and one FUNNY (in good taste) gift-wrapped & marked “Funny”. You may wish to label packages with tantalizing/beguiling/elusive information as to the contents (not required). Each participant will be provided with 100 beans for auction currency.
Saturday, September 17
- 9:00 am-4:00 p.m. – A full schedule of programs, displays and bell events wrapped around lunch at noon. The daytime activities will conclude around 4:00 p.m.
- Dinner is on your own.
- 7:30 p.m. – The Jim Stafford Show at the Jim Stafford Theatre, 3440 West 76 Country Blvd.
Jim Stafford has returned to the newly renovated Jim Stafford Theater to celebrate his 25th year performing in Branson, Missouri! The singer, songwriter, comedian, guitar virtuoso, and consummate entertainer is bringing everything back to the stage that made us vote him the best entertainer, best personality, and best comedy show. Special MAR price only $10!