The American Bell Association International, Inc. (ABA) is organized for educational and scientific purposes related to the collection, study, preservation, restoration, and research of all kinds of bells.
We were formed in 1940 by a group of people who enjoyed collecting and learning about bells. They were intrigued by the various characteristics of bells including appearance, sound, shape, use, and history. This enthusiasm continues today! Bell collections vary depending on member interest, i.e., bells made of brass, bronze, ceramic, glass, crystal, porcelain, wood, and less traditional materials.
We’re not just for bell collectors, however. Our ‘Bell Talk’ Forum provides a place to share knowledge and ask questions on topics such as Big Bells; Small Bells; Foundries, Manufacturers and Artisans; Repair, Restoration, Parts and Cleaning; Bells in Museums and Public Places. Free registration is required if you want to post on the forum and is open to ABA members as well as non-ABA members.
What the ABA Offers
The Bell Tower℠ Magazine
- Six issues a year of researched articles and color photos about a variety of bells
Annual and Regional Conventions
- Held in locations that rotate among four districts: Eastern, Central, Southern, and Western
- Four-days of bell education, fascinating bell exhibits, information sharing, and renewing friendships
- Individual chapters hold between two and six meetings a year
- Check our Chapter Directory for a chapter near you
Educational Seminars and Exhibits
- Researched lectures about different kinds of bells given by ABA members and/or professional bell makers
Buying, Selling and Auctions
- Annual auction of higher-end bells at national convention and occasional auctions at chapter meetings
- Listings of bells for sale in The Bell Tower℠ Magazine, in our Forum, and at sales at chapter meetings