Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #11560

      Daniel in West Virginia asks:

      We just purchased a used bell for our church, with it was what I would call a second dinger (for use of a better name).
      What is it used for and how is it mounted? This clapper or dinger is a metal ball of about 4″ mounted on an arm. What is the purpose of this device? Thank you for the info.


    • #16000

      This is a tolling clapper that is mounted below the bell. A rope pulls the lever to ring the bell. This is used if you do not want the bell to rotate on its yoke(small belfry). It was commonly used to toll for funerals. If you don’t plan to use it, there have been a number of participants in this Bell Forum who are looking for a Tolling Clapper.
      Harry Long, MD

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.