Bell Maker – Restoration , Repair
July 6, 2013 at 4:33 pm #12232JJ SmithParticipant
New to the board, but spreading our wings a little. Let us know how we can contribute. You can read more about our company and what we do at our website. http://www.smithsbellandclock.com or visit our social media page to see how we make our bells, and current projects we’re doing about the country. http://www.facebook.com/smithsbellandclock
JJ Smith- owner
June 21, 2014 at 2:53 am #17414Carolyn WhitlockParticipant
It’s been almost a year since you posted your request to let you know how you can contribute to this website. Sorry you have gotten no responses. Here are some suggestions of things you can do:
1. You can write articles about the restoration and repair of big bells and submit them for publication in the ABA’s bi-monthly magazine, The Bell Tower. You should contact the editor, Marilyn Grismere, at email@example.com. We do not pay for articles.
2. You can buy an advertisement in The Bell Tower. Prices range from $100 for a black and white, full page, 7.5″ x 10″ ad to $12.50 for a 1/8th page ad, 3.25″ x 2.5″.
3. You can place a Classified Ad in The Bell Tower for $5.00 for three lines. This section is for people who wish to place a simple “For Sale” or “Wanted” ad for bells of bell-related items.
4. You can continue to post messages regarding information or issues you encounter with bells on the ‘Bell Talk’ Forum.
5. You can become an active member of the American Bell Association!
As you have seen, our Big Bell section is one of the more active topics on our forum! People often ask about how to restore, refinish, and repair big bells. Sometimes people ask for references to people who do this kind of work. While the ABA does not give endorsements, members of the forum sometimes share their experiences.
I encourage you to “spread your wings” by becoming active in the American Bell Association! Return to the main site and click on the “Membership” tab for more information!
Hope to see you soon!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.