January 21, 2014 at 6:44 pm #12369beausoneParticipant
I have never attended a convention, but I am considering attending the 2014 one in Richmond. I did not find an itinerary in the January-February issue of The Bell Tower. Will there be one posted on line?
I understand that there will be a welcome reception for new attendees, an auction, a silent auction & raffle, a contest, members sales tables, and speakers, but when will these happen? I would like more information about itinerary before registering and making hotel reservations before the April 1st deadline for first timers’ discount.
Also, I have never understood the term “Behold Room.” What is this exactly?
Can I order a convention bell without attending?
January 21, 2014 at 8:46 pm #17698CJurinParticipant
Thank you for asking about ABA Richmond 2014 Convention. The Bell Tower has the Treasurer’s email address. She can forward your request for the itinerary information to Luida Shearer, Convention Chairman. You will then have the information before the April 1 deadline. At ABA Conventions you will get to meet fellow bell enthusiasts plus look at bell displays (BEHOLD and Hospitality Room) and buy bells (sales room and auction). Yes, you can order a bell without attending the convention.
BEHOLD (Bell Educational Hands off Learning Display) started in 1991 Convention and includes a Hospitality area. A great place to meet people and learn about ABA.
There will be more Richmond Convention information in the March/April Bell Tower. Hope to see you in Richmond.
January 24, 2014 at 10:48 pm #17699Carolyn WhitlockParticipant
The following is a generalization of what to expect at an ABA convention. There is nothing official about this agenda. It is based on what was done at the 2013 ABA Convention.
1. Late morning – Meeting for First Timers (about 45 minutes)
Lunch on our own – not included in the registration fee.
2. Afternoon – Registration/Convention Bell Distribution (usually 1-5 p.m.)
3. Afternoon – Bell Exhibits and BEHOLD Room open (usually 1-5 p.m.)
Dinner on your own – not included in the registration fee.
4. Evening – Welcome Reception and Entertainment (usually 7-8:30)
5. Bell Exhibits open (usually 8:45-10 p.m.)
6. BEHOLD Room open (usually 8:45-10 p.m.)
1. Registration/Convention Bell Distribution (usually 8:30-8:45 a.m.)
2. Opening Ceremony and Business Meeting (usually 9-10:15 a.m.)
3. Programs (usually 10:30-11:45 a.m.)
Luncheon – Announcements – (usually 12 noon) – included in the registration fee.
4. Programs (usually 2-3:30 p.m.
5. Bell Exhibits open (usually 3:45-5:30 p.m.)
6. BEHOLD Room Open (usually 3:45-5:30 p.m.)
Dinner, Announcements, Entertainment – 6-7:45 p.m. – included in the registration fee.
7. Bell Exhibits open (usually 8-9 p.m.)
8. BEHOLD Room open (usually 8-9 p.m.)
1. Auction preview (time to be determined)
2. Six-Hour Bell Auction! Other activities for this day vary from year to year. If the lunch hour or dinner hour falls during the auction time, a cash buffet is usually offered or you can have meals on your own at your own expense. (Meals are not included in the registration fee.)
3. Bell Exhibits open (usually 8-9:30 p.m.) Last time room will be open.
8. BEHOLD Room open (usually 8-9 p.m.) Last time room will be open.
1. District Meetings (Everyone invited) (usually 8:45-9:30 a.m.)
2. Business Meeting (usually 10-11:30 a.m.)
3. Luncheon/Announcements (usually 12-1:45 p.m.)
4. Programs (usually 2-3:15 p.m.)
5. Reception/Cash Bar – (usually 6-7 p.m.)
6. Banquet (usually 7-9:30 p.m.)
7. President’s Reception – everyone invited (immediately following banquet)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.