Welcome to the ABA! Bell Talk Forums Repair, Restoration, Parts, Cleaning 36-inch Troy Bell Foundary Church Bell Repair

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Motorider
      Participant

We recently removed a 1873 36-inch Jones & Company, Troy Bell Foundry Church Bell from our old church with the intent of placing it in our new church. The bell and stand are in relatively good condition except for some wear in the bearings between the yoke and the stand. I am sure there are other items that should be inspected and refurbished as well. We are located near Reno, Nevada and my online research shows only East Coast companies that repair or refurbish bells. Can anybody recommend or lead me to companies that are closer to Nevada? I am thinking that somebody in the San Francisco area must refurbish and/or repair bells, however on line research results in a blank. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
      Thank you.
      Tom

Neil Goeppinger
      Participant

The closest ones I know of to you are Cincinnati and Milwaukee. There aren’t nearly as many large bells on the west coast as there are on the east coast and Midwest, so there is less demand for that service in the west. — Neil Goeppinger

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.