Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Bamboo Outlaw
      Participant

I just got an old bell which I believe to be a #3. I do not have the crank, clapper, upright or yoke. This reportedly came from a local sugar plantation and I am tracing down the history. The measurements are 10″ high and 17.5″ diameter. There are no markings. I have several questions:

1. Is this in fact a #3?

2. I can get a crank, clapper and upright from Prindlestation if I have the size correct. Where can I get a yoke that would fit?

Thanks,
      Steve

nightflier51
      Participant

Go in search…type in Prindle Station bells. They can help you.

Bamboo Outlaw
      Participant

I had contacted Prindlestation and they had everything except the yoke. They did not own that patent and said the original pattern is gone. I am hoping to find an alternate source for the type that will fit the bell and Prindlestation replacement parts.

nightflier51
      Participant

Hi If you can find someone who will let you borrow a no 3 yoke, it is no problem duplicating the yoke if you can find a small foundry who would use it for a pattern. I could make you one of cast aluminum which is more durable than cast iron. My forge here is aluminum only. Only thing is…your yoke would not match the other parts in metal, that’s all. If you plan to paint the whole thing, it would make no difference.

Bamboo Outlaw
      Participant

nightflier51

Thanks for the offer to cast an aluminum yoke. For now I will keep looking for a cast iron yoke but may very well take you up on the offer. Thanks very much.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.