Welcome to the ABA! Bell Talk Forums Small Bells 1974 and 1975 Sarna Christmas Bell

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      MagicFad

I just cleaned out my back room and found some bells in a box. I must have looked at them then packed them back up. Does anyone know the value of these bells? Any help will be appreciated.
      Blessings,
      Lynette

brassbell416
      Participant

Dear Lynette
      I have been tracking the sale of brass and bronze bells on ebay for the past year. Sadly to say the price of bells is generally down and especially these Sarna Christmas bells. The ones that are most often listed are the 76, 74, and 75 in that order of frequency. Even listed with a starting price of $10.00, they don’t often get a bid. I say this is sad because these are large beautiful brass bells and should be displayed and appreciated. Maybe because of their size and the large area it would take to hold the whole collection keeps people from being interested in them. As far as the sale of the metal bells go, the unusual lady bells and taps bells are bring the higher prices right now. By the way, I am still looking to complete my collection of Sarna Christmas bells.
      Sorry I couldn’t be of more help or more information.
      Deb

Enthusiastic
      Participant

Hi,

I just found a 1974 and 1975 Sarna Christmas bell in my mother’s things. I’m trying to find out more about them. They are awfully big. I will probably put them up for sale on Ebay. Whatever information anyone would have, would be appreciatedl.

Thanks!

Enthusiastic

Anonymous
      Inactive

If you go to the box at the top of the page that says “Search” in it, type in “Sarna Christmas”, and click on the word “search,” you’ll find links to all of the postings on the “Bell Talk” forum that talk about Sarna Christmas bells. It could make for some interesting reading and, possibly, you may be able to find answers to most of your questions.

There are several articles about Sarna bells available from the ABA. The Bell Tower is the official publication of the American Bell Association International, Inc. Reprints of articles are available from the ABA Historian for the cost of copying and postage. When contacting the Historian, please include the title of the article and the month, year, and page number of the issue in which it appeared. Orders may be placed via phone call, USPS mail, or email. To order, contact: Leonard Hill, ABA Historian • 1929 Radford Ave. • Claremont, CA 91711 U.S.A. • Telephone: (909) 624-5695 • E-mail: bellahill@msn.com.

To find the list of available articles, please go back to https://www.americanbell.org, click on the menu option for “Bell Tower Directory”, and you will find a list of articles that are organized by category of bells.

Admin (Carolyn)

P.S. The article entitled “S.S. Sarna Christmas Bells” in the November-December 2008 The Bell Tower show photos of almost all of the Sarna Christmas bells. This is great for helping identifying these bells.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.