Welcome to the ABA! Bell Talk Forums Metal Bells 15" Crystal Metals Farm Bell

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Garry 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

larrye44
    Participant

I have a Farm Bell that is stamped on the yoke “Crystal Metals”. The mouth is 15-1/4″ wide. Can someone tell me the approximate value of this bell? And if possible how old it might be. Thanks, Larry

Garry
    Participant

Hi Larry,
    Is it possible to get a photo of the bell? Inside and outside, showing any markings and features. Also, does any part of it hold a strong magnet? Can you tell what it’s made of?

Unfortunately, We can’t do valuations, as it’s almost impossible without researching it in detail and looking at the area you wish to sell it in. All that plays a part and any evaluation would be no more than a very very rough guess. Best to look at similar items on e-bay etc. and watch what they sell for (not what the asking price is).

As an example, I just picked up a very nice brass singing bell, approx 7 inches in diameter and 4 inches deep. Heavily carved inside and out, even has the rubbing stick! Ideally it would be worth over a hundred dollars where I live. I got it for ten, it has a hairline crack in it that was almost impossible to find – I only knew about it when it didn’t ring properly! It wouldn’t show on a photo. Imagine if we had ‘valued’ it here! There is no way this would have been caught and I would have been out many dollars!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.